Jan 2, 2007

Siloso Beach Party '07

2007 is here. The Siloso Beach Party was disappointing in that the male-to-female ratio sucked at best. There were way too many guys, way too many Indians, and way too many queues. There was only one main area designated as the dance floor, and I waited 70 minutes in a distorted queue to get in. Luckily, I got in 5 minutes before the new year countdown.

Without a care, I jumped in the middle of the crowd forming under the foam-shower. There were mostly guys except for a couple in between who was being held closely by her guy. For a moment I was directly under the foam spray and I couldn't see. Being completely disorientated, I was being pushed and pulled by the crowd, and with my eyes closed it didn't matter if they were guys or girls. There was intense wet skin contact; rubbing even - thanks to the foam and water spray. I wouldn't say it turned me on, but with my eyes shut I could just use my imagination to think I was rubbing against anyone!

I managed to open my eyes in time before the countdown and witness the brilliant fireworks. If only the hosts with the microphone would shut up for a moment and let me enjoy the moment with some good music. Yeah, the hosts were pretty bad. The thing is, compared to Zoukout, Siloso was a knight without the 'k'.

I've heard MTV Asia is going down, as they have started laying off workers [apparently they're down from 200+ to 80]. The Siloso Beach Party was probably one of their last breaths in their struggle for oxygen in Singapore.

No comments: